Saturday, September 22, 2007

Hey its been awhile.....

Hope everyone in Libya, especially the American Women in Libya are doing great and are having a wonderful Ramadan. My husband was transferred from Indianapolis, IN to Fort Worth, Texas in August of this year, so it has been a crazy past 6-8 months. Sorry i haven't been bloggin' lately. But i have been enjoyin Khadijahteri's blog she always makes me laugh and reflect and all kinds of good stuff. Ladies i feel like i was back in Libya this summer, it sure is hot down here in Texas. We wasn't even able to make it back to Libya this summer. My father-in-law, the one you saw in this blog, who was in the hospital, passed away earlier this year, and then we had about three weddings, one nephew and 2 nieces who were married in Zawia, this last year since we came back to the states. Oh also, my oldest daughter Maryam graduated from High School this past May. 6 more to go...... That is about it for my update. Y' all take care now.

2 Comments:

At 2:20 AM, Blogger KhadijaTeri said...

Wow! Lots going on in your life. Moving anywhere even from one state to another in the US can be traumatic. Glad to see you are settling in.

Sorry to hear about your father in law.

You planning on coming this way for a visit?

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Sharleen said...

Insha'Allah this coming summer. Don't know if we are going to just visit or move again. I told my hubby that if we are moving again it has to be to Tripoli this time or somewhere closer to Tripoli. I really want to meet you all and use my teaching skills I worked so hard on learning...lol Plus Ramadan is so much better there then here at least in Zawia it was;-} At least there you feel like a community of brother/sisterhood and that you all sufferring for the good of what Allah wants (except for the occassional guy who is having caffeine/nicotene withdrawals) anyway i think you get the picture. Take care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home